Lubia Polo (green bean rice)
3 cups uncooked rice, rinsed and drained
600 g/ 1.3 lbs stew meat, cut in 1″ cubes
1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2-3 cups water
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt, pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1. Put the washed rice in a bowl, add 1 Tbsp salt, cover with water level 1 inch or above the rice, stir gently and set aside.
2. Add chopped onion, meat, salt, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon and 1 1/2 cup water to Instant Pot and mix all well.
3. Select Manual, meat/stew option. Adjust cooking time for 45 minutes.
4. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1/8 teaspoon salt and 3/4 tablespoon olive oil. Then add 3 cups rice, stir well.
5. Then add cooked meat, chopped tomatoes, chopped green beans, tomato paste, oil and mix well.
6. Lower the heat and allow it to cook until all the water is absorbed for about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle 3/4 tablespoon olive oil all over again.
8. Turn up the heat to medium high for about 5-8 minutes or more until the steam builds up well, then reduce the heat to the low setting for about 30 minutes .
9. Once the rice is ready, turn off the heat. Gently mix the layers of the Green bean rice.