Eggplant roll kebab
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
1. Wash the eggplant and peel in stripes, then cut in half lengthwise.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the eggplant until golden (about 6 minutes) on both sides.
3. Add more oil if necessary. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel covered plate.
4. Next, Heat oil in a frying pan.
5. Add onion and garlic. Cook, until they soften.
6. Add ground beef and stir until well mixed and brown.
7. Add turmeric, salt, paprika to the mixture and stir until well mixed.
8. Add tomato paste and stir for 1-2 minutes.
9. Add 1/3 cup of water, lower the heat and let cook until water is evaporated.
1. On a board or a plate, place one eggplant slice horizontally and the other slice vertically on top of each other and place the meat mixture in the middle.
2. Fold over the slices to wrap the meat mixture and place eggplant in a greased baking tray.
3. Lay a small tomato on top and fasten the eggplant with a cocktail stick. Repeat with the rest of the eggplant slices.
4. Mix the tomato paste with water, season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour this sauce around the eggplant and bake them in the oven for about 5-8 minutes. (350ºF)