Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
1. Peel the eggplants and cut them in halves lengthwise.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium high then place the eggplants in the pan and sear on both sides until golden brown.
3. Take the eggplants out of the pan and place them in a plate.
4. In the same pan, pour two tablespoons olive oil and saute the onion until golden brown .
5. Add the minced garlic to the pan.
6. Add water, turmeric and black pepper to the skillet with the fried eggplants.
7. Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, or until the eggplants are very tender.
8. Turn the heat off and mash the eggplants using a potato masher or use a fork.
9. Add 1/2 cup walnuts and stir about 1 minute.
10. Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and sear one tbsp dried mint for thirty seconds.
11. Add kashk and mint to the eggplant mixture and stir well. Turn the heat on to medium and cook for another five to10 minutes.
12. Serve warm with pita, lavash or toasted flat bread.
Sprinkle the top with the fried onion, mint mixture , walnuts and add more kashk for granish.