11/2 lb/675g stewing beef
1 dessertspoon of vegetable oil
1 low salt beef stock cube
1l of warm water
11/2 oz/40g flour (optional)
pinch of salt if desired
1. Fry the meat until browned.
2. Remove from the frying pan and place in a saucepan on a low heat.
3. Chop the onions, potatoes and carrots and fry lightly.
4. Remove from the frying pan and place with the meat in the saucepan.
5. Sprinkle the flour into the frying pan and stir well.
6. Add the stock cubes, water and seasoning. Continue stirring.
7. Add this to the meat and vegetables and cook gently over a low heat for 1-11/2 hours until the meat is tender.