Mushroom and Onion Omelette
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1 green onion, sliced thin
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the mushrooms and onions – cook for 4 to 6 minutes until tender.
3. Spoon the vegetables off into a bowl and reheat the skillet with the remaining oil.
4. Whisk together the eggs, green onion, salt and pepper.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Loosen the cooked egg around the edges, allowing the uncooked egg to spread.
7. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until the egg is almost set.
8. Spoon the cooked mushrooms and onions over half the omelet and then fold the empty half over.
9. Cook for 1 minute or so more until the egg is set then slide the omelet onto a plate to serve.