Red Lentil Dal
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 cup onions peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1. Prepare the lentils by washing under cold water. Drain the water and repeat until the water runs clear.
2. Place the lentils and 3 cups water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Add ground turmeric, chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, lemon and cook about 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomato mixture to the cooked lentils and stir to combine.
6. Garnish with cilantro if you like, and serve hot with rice.