For this Thanksgiving, you don’t need to be worry to make a turkey gravy. This Recipe is the easiest gravy that you can make.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
1 giblets from turkey
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 stalk Celery, halved
1 Yellow Onion
1 qt Chicken Broth
3 Tbs All-purpose Flour
3 Tbs Olive Oil
1. Prepare broth the day before .
2. In a 2 quart saucepan, simmer the giblets, salt, pepper, celery and onion in chicken broth for 60 minutes.
3. Discard celery, onion and gizzard.
4. Chop liver and neck meat and return to pan.
5. Store overnight.
6. Add chicken broth to make up to bring back up to 1 quart.
7. Melt butter and add flour to make roux.
8. Add reserved broth.
9. Stir well until thickened.
10. Reduce heat to low.
11. Simmer until needed.
Photography Credit: J. Kenji López-Alt