Sour chicken (Morgh-e Torsh) is a delicious Persian Kebab. Morgh means chicken in Farsi and Torsh means sour. This recipe would be serve with rice and salad. Pomegranate molasses is also available in most Middle Eastern market and Walmart too. Enjoy! 🙂
Sour chicken Kebab (Morgh-e Torsh)
1 chicken Breast
2 tablespoon Walnuts, finely ground in a food processor to a paste
2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
2 tablespoon saffron
1 bitter orange, juiced
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. In a small bowl combine walnuts, onion, bitter orange, pomegranate molasses, salt and pepper. Coat chicken in the mixture, cover & refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours.
2. Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers.
3. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
4. Insert chicken skewers and cook for 10 minutes each side or until light golden and cooked through.
5. Add 2 tablespoon saffron into remaining marinate juice and boil it for 5 minutes.
6. To serve, spoon pan juices over chicken. Serve with rice.
Recipe Notes: How do you make a sauce less sour?
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Stir the sugar into the sauce with a wooden spoon for one to two minutes or until it is completely dissolved.