Red Lentil Dal is a delicious vegetarian dish. I love the taste, color and texture of this dish. For making lentil dal, all you need is red lentils, tomatoes, lemon, onion, garlic and spices. Follow the recipe to make it just in 45 minutes. Enjoy 🙂
Red Lentil Dal
1 cup red lentils
3 cups water
2 chopped tomatoes
8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 cup onions peeled and chopped
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
Salt, pepper to taste
1. Prepare the lentils by washing under cold water. Drain the water and repeat until the water runs clear.
2. Place the lentils and 3 cups water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Add ground turmeric, chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, lemon and cook about 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomato mixture to the cooked lentils and stir to combine.
6. Garnish with cilantro if you like, and serve hot with rice.
Recipe Notes: Leftover dal can be stored in an airtight container for up the 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.