Ranginak is a Persian dessert that usually served with a cup of tea. You must definitely try this sweet and delicious dessert. It’s really easy to make, you just need dates, walnuts, butter, flour and spices.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
1 pound dates, pitted
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 unsalted pistachios for garnish
1. In medium sized skillet toast, Add flour and stirring frequently for 5-10 minutes, until golden.
2. Add the butter and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat.
3. Add the cinnamon, cardamom and sugar, stir well. Cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
4. Spread half of the flour on the bottom of the serving platter and arrange the stuffed dates in a single layer on the dish. Press them down.
5. Spread the remaining flour mixture over the dates.Garnish with pistachios. Let cool for a couple of hours.
6. Serve with a cup of tea.