Pineapple Fried Rice is a healthy and quick Thai-style recipe.
Pineapple Fried Rice
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
1/2 cup Organic Brown Rice
1/4 tsp Saffron threads
1 cup Water
1/2 Tbs Dark Sesame Oil
1/2 Tbs Olive Oil
1/4 cup small-diced Red Bell Pepper
1/4 cup small-diced Red Onion
1/2 cup small-diced Fresh Pineapple
1/2 Tbs Thin Soy Sauce
1/2 Tbs finely chopped Scallion
1/2 cup Green Peas
1/2 Tbs finely chopped Fresh Cilantro
1. Soak rice in Fresh water for at least 1 hour, drain.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a rice cooker and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
3. Place sesame oil and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add bell pepper and onion, and sauté 2-3 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
5. Add pineapple; cook 3 more minutes.
6. Stir in rice.
7. Add soy sauce, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
8. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- I have found that cooking rice in a Rice Cooker works well and enables one to time meals.