Pepper Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is so simple, so easy and so delicious. If you are looking for something different for dinner try this recipe. It just takes about 30 minutes to prepare. Your family will love this super tender chicken and cheesy filling.
Tips for making this pepper cheese stuffed breast:
- Chop your peppers and onion nice and small so they can all fit inside the chicken.
- Don’t cut your chicken breast all the way through, just enough to create a pocket.
- Serve this easy chicken dinner with a side salad.
Pepper Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
2 large chicken breast
1 finely chopped green pepper
1 finely chopped red pepper
1 finely chopped yellow pepper
1 finely chopped onion
1 cup mild cheddar cheese
2 tsp sour cream
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1. Heat oil in a frying pan.
2. Add onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper. Cook until soften.
3. Add salt, paprika and tomato paste to the mixture and stir well. (about 2-3 minutes)
4. Now, In a small bowl combine mixture with sour cream and cheese and stir well.
5. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and paprika.
6. Use a sharp knife to cut a slice through the middle of the chicken breasts, but not all the way through, creating a pocket for the filling.
7. Then divided the mixture between the chicken breasts, using a toothpick to secure if necessary.
8. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat.
9. Insert chicken and cook for 10 minutes each side or until light golden and cooked through.