- Diagnosis Overload: Dr. Etrian Lim’s Recovery From Chronic Symptomsby Laura interviews Dr. Etrian Lim on August 18, 2021 at 1:45 pm
After 10 years of conflicting diagnoses and mysterious flare-ups, Dr. Etrian Lim had no idea whether she’d ever find relief from the litany of symptoms that plagued her. She found herself having to lie down between seeing patients, going to her own medical appointments almost daily, and occasionally using a wheelchair. Join us as Dr. Lim shares what’s happened over the past year that led her to 80% symptom reduction and a quality of life she never thought she could find again.
- How to Create a Safe Space for Healing (Dr. Trung Ngo)by Laura interviews Dr. Trung Ngo on July 21, 2021 at 3:10 pm
Have you ever felt that you simply don’t have the time, resources, or emotional bandwidth that it would take to heal? You’re not alone. In fact, according to Dr. Trung Ngo, this is one of the most common barriers to healing success. From his experiences as a refugee from Vietnam to his clinical work with complex, chronic diseases, Dr. Ngo has gained a deep understanding of the process of overcoming hardships. He shares an exciting new tool he’s using with patients to help them create a safe space for healing in their environment, The Weave.
- An Unexpected Road to Back Pain Recovery: Nathan's Storyby Laura interviews Nathan on June 30, 2021 at 3:05 pm
Nathan has struggled with symptoms of back pain, IBS, fatigue, and a laundry list of other ailments since the mid-90s. In this episode, he shares about his experience with John Sarno’s book 'Healing Back Pain', his subsequent discovery of how the science has evolved since the book was written, and his life-changing journey of rewiring and reducing all of his symptoms. Tune in to hear about his routine with the Curable app, experience with Nicole Sachs’s 'Journal Speak' technique, and more.
- What Everyone with Chronic Pain Should Know About CBT (Rachel Zoffness, PhD)by Laura interviews Rachel Zoffness, PhD on May 26, 2021 at 2:41 pm
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy isn’t just a buzzword flying around the chronic pain community, it’s a well-established treatment approach with abundant evidence of effectiveness. That’s why Dr. Rachel Zoffness is on a mission to make it more accessible, cost-effective, and widely used. In this episode, Dr. Zoffness breaks CBT down into simple terms, providing actionable strategies that people in pain can use at home right now. Join us as she advises people in pain AND clinicians on how to harness the power of CBT safely and easily.
- Becoming 1,000 Percent Me: Stefanie's Recovery from Chronic Painby Laura interviews Stefanie Reyes on April 28, 2021 at 2:48 pm
For 20 years, Stefanie Reyes has navigated life with IBS, migraines, fibromyalgia, panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. Today, she's optimistic that the next 20 years will look very different. After living life at what she calls 30 percent of herself for two decades, Stefanie shares her hopes and plans for a future with less fear, more joy, and radical authenticity.