- Your Experience is Valid (Kamil Lewis, AMFT)by Laura interviews Kamil Lewis, AMFT on November 11, 2020 at 11:57 am
Taking care of yourself is a resilient act, one that requires vulnerability, rest, and compassion -- that’s the advice that Kamil Lewis, AMFT, gives to her clients who are struggling with chronic pain. In this episode, Kamil offers validation and guidance on navigating experiences that contribute to chronic pain, like oppression, marginalization, and burnout. Join us to learn tips on building community, acknowledging the challenges you've faced, and reigniting your sex life in the face of chronic symptoms.
- When Treating Pain, Mind the Knowledge Gap (Deepak Ravindran, MD)by Laura interviews Deepak Ravindran, MD on October 14, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Why do modern pain science and treatment seem so different from one another right now? As a physician and consultant, Dr. Deepak Ravindran observes this gap across thousand of pain patients, providers, and organizations each year. On this episode, he explains how pain patients and practitioners alike can achieve better outcomes by closing their knowledge gaps about how pain really works. Join us to learn about the difference between pain and nociception, what fibromyalgia has in common with back pain, why trauma-informed care is the way of the future, and more.
- Untangling Your Anxiety Pathways (Allan Abbass, MD)by Laura interviews Allan Abbass, MD on August 26, 2020 at 4:22 pm
Every day, we move through life unconsciously processing a wide range of emotions and anxieties. Whether we realize it or not, the way we handle (or don’t handle) these stresses produces a physiological response in the body. Dr. Allan Abbass explains how this works, why it’s important to understand, and how it leads so many folks down the path to chronic symptoms.
- Is Self Compassion the Antidote for Healing Deep Pain? (Jessica Dixon)by Laura interviews Jessica Dixon on June 10, 2020 at 2:05 pm
After recovering from 20 years of chronic migraine, mindful meditation and self compassion expert Jessica Dixon simply couldn’t go back to “life as she knew it.” Her healing journey had changed the way she experienced life physically, mentally, and emotionally. Deep down, she knew it was time for her talents to be redirected towards helping others find their own way down the healing path. Join us as Jessica shares her journey from chronic migraine sufferer to mindful self compassion coach, meditation expert, defender of healthy boundaries, and Curable Groups facilitator.
- 5 Things All Chronic Pain Sufferers Learn the Hard Way (Christie Uipi, LCSW)by Laura interviews Christie Uipi, LCSW on April 21, 2020 at 9:45 pm
The road to recovery from chronic pain is unique for everyone. But according to Christie Uipi, the journey almost always holds a few predictable twists. As the former Associate Director of the Pain Psychology Center, Christie helped hundreds transform their relationship to pain.