Mexican Lettuce Chicken Wraps is one of my favorite food. It is super quick, healthy and easy for a light dinner or lunch on hot summer. If you don’t have time, you don’t need to marinate the chicken, just toss it with the taco seasoning and it gets nice and crispy in the pan. You can find Boston lettuce in the produce section of most grocery stores. Just separate the leaves from the head, wash and shake dry. They form the perfect little “cup” for holding your chicken mixture. To serve, place 2-3 butter lettuce leaves on individual plates then spoon some of mixture into it . Enjoy! 😛
Mexican Lettuce Chicken Wraps
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 Boston lettuce leaves or Romaine lettuce
1 avocado diced
1 tomato diced
1 cup finely chopped red pepper
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Pinch of salt, pepper
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream or ranch dressing for topping
1. Add the chicken, salt and pepper in a large pan. Place in fridge and let marinate for at least 10-15minutes.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.
3. Insert chicken and cook for 10 minutes each side or until golden. Then add red pepper to the pan and let them cook for 10 more minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine corn, tomato, avocado, salt and lime.
5. To assemble, place 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf then add vegetable mixture top of each lettuce.
6. Then add 1 teaspoons sour cream or your favorite dressing and Parmesan Cheese. Fold lettuce over filling.