Halva is a very popular Persian dessert. It’s so easy and delicious.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
2 cups Flour
1 cup Oil
1-1.5 cups Sugar
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Rosewater
Saffron a pinch
Pistachio: to decorate
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add flour slowly and mix with the oil.
2. In a separate saucepan, bring the sugar and water to boil. Add saffron and rosewater to make a syrup.
3. Add syrup to the flour and oil mixture and blend together.
4. Spread the mixture onto serving plates and leave it to cool down for at least half an hour.
5. Decorate with pistachio before serving.