Eggplant Parmesan is a Delicious vegetarian dish. It’s really easy to make. And how doesn’t love Italian food? I mean fried eggplant, red sauce and cheese . This is one of my favorite dishes of all the time. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Large block of mozzarella cheese
Romano pecorino (parmesan) cheese
Italian style bread crumbs
1. Slice the eggplant into slices between 1/2" and 3/4" thick.
2. Sprinkle salt onto your hands and lightly rub it into the surface of the eggplant slices.
3. Let them sit for at least thirty minutes in a colander.
4. Make the egg batter by mixing together an egg, 1/4 cup of milk, a few sprinkles of garlic powder and a generous amount of parsley flakes.
5. All you need to do is pick up an eggplant slice and then dunk it into the egg mixture until all sides are covered.
6. Let the excess batter drip off the eggplant and then dredge it through the bread crumbs until it is completely covered in crumbs.
7. Fill your frying pan with enough oil that when you place the eggplant in, it will be half-submerged.
8. Heat the oil on a medium to high flame.
9. Carefully place the eggplant into the frying pan with a fork.
10. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip all the slices over so that the other sides could cook for the same amount of time.
11. Repeat flipping the eggplant over until it is evenly brown on each side. If you can stick a fork through without resistance and both sides are browned, it's done.
12. Place the fried eggplant on a clean plate with a paper towel on it to absorb the oil. Place another paper towel over top to absorb the oil on both sides.
13. Slice your block of mozzarella cheese into long slices that are about 1/4" thick.
14. Pour your sauce into the pan such that the eggplant will be half-submerged.
15. Flip the eggplant over a few times until it is fully covered in sauce.
16. Sprinkle on romano pecorino (parmesan) cheese .
17. Distributed your pre-sliced mozzarella cheese over top of the eggplant slices.
18. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and then back the eggplant until the pieces of cheese start to melt together and bubble.
19. This should take about 5-10 minutes to happens. Once it does, take it out and serve.